Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView on VMware

Good Morning,

My Company is running QlikView (Server and Publisher) on a Windows 2003 (x64 Enterprise Edition) physical server made by 4 cores and 12 GB of RAM.

It runs without problems, but I would like to know if it's allow (I mean certified) install those products on a VMware virtual server.

I'm not able to find this information on the main page of the official Web site.

Thanks a lot

Federico Biavati

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Just a quick correction here, we are not running http://demo.qlik.com on an ESX server. We are however running our internal Publisher/AccessPoint site on an ESX server. The demo site will soon be running in amazon cloud 🙂 . We do not certify QlikView on VMware at the moment, and there are no immediate plans to do so. I am, however, testing heavily with VMware & Cloud technologies now. I have posted some documentation on this on my profile which is linked below. More documentation coming soon.

/Karl

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, i don't know if it's certified, i can only tell you that i'm just testing a configuration with

SBserver edition + publisher standard on a win2003 virtual server and all works well.

By

Luca Colombo

Not applicable
Author

Federico,

QlikView Server can run on VMWare ESX Server; we use it in-house to run our demo site!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the answer.

How can I be 100% sure that QlikView on VMware ESX is certified?

Before migrate it I need to be sure that in case of problems I'll have support.

Thanks,

Federico Biavati

Not applicable
Author

I was told it works fine, BUT they (QV senior consultant) would not run it in a production environment. You can run into performance problems with QV server competing for all of the machine resources with VMWare. In test or dev it works fine but depending on the QV server load in a production environment you could have a performance issue.

It works just don't complain about the performance if it is not what you expected. I have a customer runnning it under VMWare and my laptop runs the app faster.

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Just a quick correction here, we are not running http://demo.qlik.com on an ESX server. We are however running our internal Publisher/AccessPoint site on an ESX server. The demo site will soon be running in amazon cloud 🙂 . We do not certify QlikView on VMware at the moment, and there are no immediate plans to do so. I am, however, testing heavily with VMware & Cloud technologies now. I have posted some documentation on this on my profile which is linked below. More documentation coming soon.

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

We have received email correspondence from VMWare that QlikView users are contacting them for support for deployment on ESX Server...to clarify:

QlikView is not certified to run on VMWare ESX at this time, and QlikTech nor VMWare can provide support for any issues that may arise from deploying QlikView in this environment (except issues covered in our Maintenance Policy).