Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

QlikView plugin for IE and Internet Explorer 10+Windows 8

Hi Community

Does anyone know if there is any compatibility with the QV plugin for IE and Internet Explorer 10 and Windows 8 ?  I am currently using QV 11 SP1 ...

regards

Ian

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jsn
Honored Contributor

Re: QlikView plugin for IE and Internet Explorer 10+Windows 8

Hi Ian,

Haven't heard of any specific issues. Windows 8 is not supported at this point though according to the reference manuals so from a technical support standpoint it might be wise to hold off.

10 Replies
jsn
Honored Contributor

Hi Ian,

Haven't heard of any specific issues. Windows 8 is not supported at this point though according to the reference manuals so from a technical support standpoint it might be wise to hold off.

Not applicable

Thanks Jonannes ... Windows 8 is a little way off but the team handling the corporate build are investigating what items are not compliant so I will let them know

thanks

Ian

klas_lavenius
New Contributor II

Hi Ian .

We have tried , and the answer is NO it does not work .

Simply gives You a "No Connection " dialog box . That's it.

So we will wait

Rgds

Klas

Not applicable

Hi,

on a Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) with the latest QlikView 11 SR2,

i get a javascript-error, if i click on "new sheet object" in webview-mode:

Windows8 QlikView Problem.PNG

Can anyone commit this behaviour on its Windows 8 system?

thanks,

Josef

Bill_Britt
Esteemed Contributor III

Windows 8 and Server 2012 are NOT SUPPORT at this time. It is on the road map, but there has not been a date set for a release that will support them.

Bill

ljhowell
New Contributor III

Hello

We are testing Windows 8 and Qlikview.  Qlikview does seem to work with I.E. 10 with the IE plugin.  However, you have to install the plugin via a URL link that is shown on your I.E. 8 screen.  My IT guy was able to provide me the link.  Once I installed the plugin, I ran I.E. 10 again and lauch the AccessPoint and was able to open and view documents.   I am sure Safari in Windows 8 may work as well.

Since Windows 8 is now available for a cheap upgrade price, I am sure lots of Users will now migrate and take advantage of some of the new features of 8.

So in my opion, I think Qliktech needs to put this issue as Top Priority and not wait too long otherwise new Users to Qlikview using Windows 8 may soon find themselves looking for another B.I. product.

Regards

Les

Not applicable

something new over this theme?. I have several days finding answer for my troubles. qlikview 11 don't running in explorer 10 under windows 8. it's a big problem for me.

kevinpintokpa
Contributor II

I can testify that the following combination does not work:

Windows 7 + Internet Explorer 10 (auto-installed by Microsoft):  The web page displays, but often the tab is blank, with no controls displaying at all.

The following still works:

Windows Server 2008 + Internet Explorer 9

ljhowell
New Contributor III

What we found out with I.E. 10 is that the Calendar object does not work.

So we had to create a new calender using "straight tables" and "buttons" to simulate a calendar pop-up. 

That seems to work Ok.

Les