Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView removes old publisher logs

Hello

QlikView removes old publisher logs, I want to change this setting. But how to achieve it?

Br

Anta

7 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I don't believe there is a setting, or at least, not a documented one.

Perhaps you should try running your own script to backup those files.

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Anta,

assuming your QV-Server is QV11 and is installed into the standard-path, you should have a look at the file "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\Configuration.xml" - there you should be an option like the marked one in my screenshot:

publisher_logging.PNG

I didn't test changing the value, so I don't know if it works, but I would think so. Make sure to backup the original file and stop the distribution service before changing values in your config files. Also you should be very careful in clustered installations.

I would also recommend to watch the size of your log when you change the mentioned value (I wouldn't set it to 9999!), especially when you have normal or debug logging and a lot of tasks.

regards,

Edgar

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Edgar, what version are you looking at? I don't have that file or have seen it before.

ekech_infomotio
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@Daniel Rozental:

QV11IR Server installed to the standard paths - I would suppose you see this config files only

• when you have set XML-Repository - don't know how it looks by using SQL database
  • when you have licensed Publisher. Licensing the Publisher creates another filestructure/XML-database in the corresponding "Application Data Folder" e.g. C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService

regards,

Edgar

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Thanks Edgar, I think it's a QV11 new config file as it doesn't exist with QV10.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am looking  for QV10 SR3. Same as Daniel, I am not able to find any XML files likde u attached as in the picture.

Br

Anta

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is not an option in Version 10 or really version 11. If you change the Configuration.xml file and make changes in the QEMC  In the distribution Services it will over right overwrite the file to the default of 30. To see this change the file and then change the QV Engine number and you will see that it has changed.

I believe it was change to a default setting after version 8.5.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.