Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView server performance

Hi,

How can I check the performance of QVS and QVWS? How can I track the performance of server? In what scenario I can go for splitting QlikView services on different server?

bbtpcammaert ashfaq_haseeb mby

14 Replies
bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

This qvw will help you to get the information of server performance.

Not applicable
Author

I can't see QVW

bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry my bad. Attachment.

Not applicable
Author

thanks...

bindu_apte
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

If this is helpful then please mark as correct answer.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

And with respect to your second question "In what scenario I can go for splitting QlikView services on different server?":, you should consider this simple strategy: QVS (the QlikView service that manages documents, licenses and creates the document view in the AccessPoint) tries to grab as many CPU cores and RAM as possible to provide the best analysis experience to the end-users. The QDS (the reload scheduler that launches document reloads at predetermined moments that are specified in the QMC tasks) tries to do exactly the same: grab as many CPU cores and RAM to perform the reloads in the fastest way possible (i.e. without any slowdowns). As soon as they start competing for resources at the same time, slowing down reloads to hours instead of minutes and/or slowing down AccessPoint reaction times to a crawl, your server is in trouble.

You can solve this situation in two ways:

• If possible, add more resources to the same machine (if either RAM or CPU are under heavy load, and you have empty slots left in your server machine), or
  • relocate the Publisher to another machine that is I/O-optimized (=speedy disks)

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Peter

Does splitting of services require cluster license?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, it does require a full Publisher license though. For instance, you can't split an SBE server without a full publisher.

If splitting a QDS from a QVS is the first step on the scalability path of QlikView Server, then clustering is steps 2, 3, 4 ... n.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

What about below scenario

1) Server1 - QDS, QDSC

2) Server2 - QVWS

3) Server3 - QVS

Do I need cluster license for above scenario? In which case we go for clustering the? Sorry for asking So many Questions