Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Qlikview 11 Management console

Hi, I have just installed Qlikview server and after going through all the steps I go to the Management console (which takes me to http://localhost:4780/qmc/default.htm) but I get the error in the pic! Does anyone know what I cann try??

I have made sure the admin rights are ok and that all the services have started and I don't know what else to try!

localhost Issue.PNG

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

So, I found the issue! This may be because I installed Qlikview Server on the laptop (not sure....) but I had to go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and change the localhosts IP from 0.0.0.0 to 127.0.0.1

2 Replies
MVP
MVP

Hi,

There might two likely issues

• A proxy/firewall that does not allow you to get to the specified port 4780. You will need to allow port 4780 inbound and outbound from local at least.
  • The corporate DNS that is set up in the computer does not recognize "localhost". Try with the IP of the server instead.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable

So, I found the issue! This may be because I installed Qlikview Server on the laptop (not sure....) but I had to go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and change the localhosts IP from 0.0.0.0 to 127.0.0.1

Community Browser