Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Cluster

Hi All,

I'm new to Qlikview. I'm currently working with a client with Clustered environment. I the environment has been setup and working fine for quite sometime now.

There are currently 3 servers, one is publisher, Master web server and slave web server. I wanted to identify which server does the publisher jobs and which server is the master. Below are the details furnished:

Server A has the following services running: QlikView Directory Service Connector QlikView Server QlikView Management Service QlikView Publisher Command Center Service QlikView WebServer

Server B has the following services running: QlikView Management Service QlikView Server QlikView WebServer QlikView Distribution Service

Server C has the following services running: QlikView Distribution Service QlikView Management Service.

Please help me in identifying the Publisher Server and Master Server in the environment.

Thanks

Brain

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Brain,

It's hard to tell for sure because there are a few possible setups you can have with what you described. I would guess though that Server A is your cluster master server (i.e. the cluster is configured in the QEMC of Server A). Server B is most likely the cluster slave node. As a rule of thumb, I usually assume that whichever server has more tasks running is the master. But of course that is not always the case.

Either Server B or Server C handles Publisher tasks, because those are the only servers where Distribution Service is running. You might also have a either a dual or a clustered Publisher environment, in which case both Server B and C are Publishing.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Brain,

It's hard to tell for sure because there are a few possible setups you can have with what you described. I would guess though that Server A is your cluster master server (i.e. the cluster is configured in the QEMC of Server A). Server B is most likely the cluster slave node. As a rule of thumb, I usually assume that whichever server has more tasks running is the master. But of course that is not always the case.

Either Server B or Server C handles Publisher tasks, because those are the only servers where Distribution Service is running. You might also have a either a dual or a clustered Publisher environment, in which case both Server B and C are Publishing.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thaks a lot Vald. Really appreciate your help!

Brain