Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Distribution Service can not start

Hi all, My Qlikview Distribution Service can not start, and when log file is shown

"Exception=System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing."

How I do this situation.
Sorry in my language.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I would try doing a full uninstall of all QVS components, deleting the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer registry key. Then make sure you backup your QVPR (located by default in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Command Center\QVPR) and then delete the entire C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech folder. Finally, reinstall everything.

Regards,

View solution in original post

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I've seen similar problems when you don't reboot the server after installation. So, to get the easiest explanation out of the way, did you do that?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vlad,

But this server is ever can work as normaly until that day with I found a problem.
I'm restart server already and try to start service by manual but not solve this problem.

Have other solution?
Thanks

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I would try doing a full uninstall of all QVS components, deleting the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\QlikTech\QlikViewServer registry key. Then make sure you backup your QVPR (located by default in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Publisher\Command Center\QVPR) and then delete the entire C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech folder. Finally, reinstall everything.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Um... Thank you Vlad,
I think already, if I can not to find other solution.may be that is solve this problem.

Thank you again,
Kind regards,

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I know it's not ideal, but it's almost impossible to troubleshoot a "root element missing" error...

Good luck,

Not applicable
Author

This post is more than two years old, but I was having the same problem and found out that

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\Workorder.xml

was empty. I just added the following line into the file:

<Workorder></Workorder>

This same tag was found in the Workorder.xml in the "1" subdirectory.

The service started successfully and hasn't complained about anything so far. Let's hope it keeps that way...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I was having the same problem with the exact same error report "Exception=System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing." and tried your solution adding the Workorder tag to the Workorder file but in my case I had do add it in the "1" subdirectory as the other Workorder.xml file was OK.

It worked out perfectly and it sure is better than reinstalling the entire QVS!

Thank you very much mlaitinen!