Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Local client

What is the diff between Qlikview Local Client and Server? Is Qlikview Local client is same as Name user license.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

QlikView Local Client license is one license that applies to the Desktop software in a particular computer. It does not require to access any server and will work offline until the license expires.

A Named User CAL leased license means that the license is managed by the QlikView server, the leasing lasts for 30 days offline, after which you must reconnect to the QlikView Server to renew the leasing.

Functionally speaking, well, both allow you to open any given number of files from any user (licensed or unlicensed) and edit them (open files, edit script, modify objects, remove sheets, set security...).

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

QlikView Local Client license is one license that applies to the Desktop software in a particular computer. It does not require to access any server and will work offline until the license expires.

A Named User CAL leased license means that the license is managed by the QlikView server, the leasing lasts for 30 days offline, after which you must reconnect to the QlikView Server to renew the leasing.

Functionally speaking, well, both allow you to open any given number of files from any user (licensed or unlicensed) and edit them (open files, edit script, modify objects, remove sheets, set security...).

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Appreciate your quick & accurate response.

Regards,

Keerthy

marwen_garwachi
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

I want to know how to activate the Local Client license 

In fact, my entreprie has a license that is not activated (due to a migration to a new enclosure). I want to know if the simple introduction of the serial number and the code would have an impact on the Dashboard already published.

A big thank you!

Not applicable
Author

I need your help?

What is de part number of the license named user?

I need create de part for the registration of the license