Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zach_paz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview Named Users and Document Licenses Reset... Why?

Hi All,

This is the second time this has happened to me, where all of my assigned document licenses and named user CALs were reset. I have 20 document licenses assigned and they we no longer assigned. I had to go back into Management Counsel and reassign all of them. Even the Named User CALs were reset, including mine, administrator.

Why does this happen? How can it be prevented?

Thanks!

Zach

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I recommend contacting Qlik Support to work this. Your server restarted:

5/23/2016 9:03 Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type A, detected.

The user was denied access when the server came back up, but they appeared to be in session with the document before the failure. I would take this to support.

-Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It sounds like one of your PGO files is getting corrupted. Look in the Qlikview server Events* log for error messages related to pgo files.

-Rob

zach_paz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your response. I have attached the Events Log and noticed the issue started occurring around row 1836, where one of my users was get denied access. Is there something I should be looking for to find the cause of the licenses reset?

Thank you for your help!

Zach

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I recommend contacting Qlik Support to work this. Your server restarted:

5/23/2016 9:03 Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type A, detected.

The user was denied access when the server came back up, but they appeared to be in session with the document before the failure. I would take this to support.

-Rob

zach_paz
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Will do. Thank you.