Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview PE and clean upgrade/install Windows 10

Hi,

We have to do an inplace/clean upgrade for Windows 10.

In some articles (like: Re: Qlikview Personal Edition Problem after Windows Update) I find a lot of tips, but what is best practice for QlikView PE with a clean install for Windows 10?

Can I access the documents I created in Windows 7 on the same machine?

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

With an upgrade you shouldn't need to reinstall Qlikview PE. In that case you should be able to open the documents created earlier. No guarantees though, I haven't tested this myself. Better make sure you have a backup (or disk image) of your windows7 installation so you can revert back if necessary.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks for the reply. I can try an upgrade, but we prefer a clean install. Is there any information about accessing files with Qlikview PE and a clean install from Windows 7 to 10?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

A new installation of QV PE will generate a new license key. With the result that the new installation cannot open documents created by the QV PE installation you now have in Windows 7.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert is right...we faced earlier this problem. We are not able to open document after installation. My request please take a snapshot before any activity.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I don't think you can open same document after upgrade.

Regards

ASHFAQ