Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview - Publisher

Hello,

I have a Qlikview app and say it has 2 customers. My requirement is thru publisher I need to generate two different documents (one each for the customer) and drop it in different folder.

And the refreshed document should have only corresponding customer data.

I tried reduce data, loop thru fields etc but no luck yet. Please throw some light if you have already came across similar requirement.

Thanks,

Boopathi

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can use in the Document Properties / Tab Opening / and check "Initial data reduction based on section access".

Configure your section access with custumer A and B.

USER ID: DEVELOPER / PW: 123

USER ID: A / PW: A

USER ID: B / PW: B

See example.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If your requirement is seperate folders, I would say that you are going to need to create two tasks. Each task should reduce on each customer and point it to a given folder. Not optimal if you have alot of customers.

We put all our customers into one folder on the accesspoint and then set up customer groups to control access to thier individual files.

JS

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

What i did is, i created an excel, depends on your complexity, basically u will need 2 columns, one column has the value that will link to your main data schema so it will limit based on those values for you and second column is your customers.

assuming you are on v9, goto QVEM, in REDUCE tab, you will pick first column for "Loop and Reduce" and in DISTRIBUTE tab, u will select second comlumn for "Field containing recipient information:".

when the job runs, it will generate different files, depending on the number of customers you have.

We thought of using section access, but it requires user to use pwd.

Hope this helps..

Not applicable
Author

Thanks everyone...

Yes we are using V9 and i havent used excel but followed same steps, which you explained, in QVM. I see it creates multiple documents for each customers. However when i try to open i get 'Failed to Open Document' error.

I could not figure out why i dont have access... 😞

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think i had the same problem.

What i did was, i deleted the whole task, and recreate them again, it works after that.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately it didnt help me.

Do you remember what value you selected for "Check user identity on: " in distribute tab (Loop Field in Document)? I selected User And Group Name. I dont know that causes the issue...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the QEMC go to the reduce tab ----> go to the simple reduce ----->click on open document and select the field value on which you want to create application.

In the distribution tab go to the manually tab and give your user id.

regards,

Ravi

Not applicable
Author

yes, i use User And Group Name, but you must click "open document" button first. then select the field.