Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Scheduler 8.5

Hi,

I am trying to schedule a document to reload once an hour on a Monday and Tuesday only.
The only option on the scheduler is to reload Daily/Weekly/Hourly.
If I select hourly, there is no option to select a specificed day therefore this report will load every hour regardless of the day which will waste resources.

I know i can put into the load scrip to figure out if it is a Monday or Tuesday and if not then do an "exit script" however if I do this it will wipe out the previous data which would result in the data been blank for the remainder of the week.

Any ideas on how I can overcome this issue?

Regards,
Kevin.

4 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Dear Kevin,

To Reload application on Monday Tuesday on Hour Basis. You can also use window scheduler. Pls make make .bat file of reload and schedule acording to requirement in window scheduler. in window scheduler you can schedule hour basis on Monday and Tuesday.

Regards

Sunil.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunil.

Do you know of any examples of the content of a bat file?

Regards,
Kevin.

suniljain
Master
Master

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "E:\Qlikview\RMIS\Application\RMIS_ACL.qvw"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pls Make Text File.

Copy above content in It.

save that file with extention .bat. and schedule that batch file in window scheduler.

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

HI Kevin,

Inthe reference manual of Qlikview all the Commands that need to be write is present.

I suggest you please go through so that you can have an idea of scheduler in Qlikview.

Regards

Sunil