Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III

Qlikview Server 11.2 SR 8 Restarting

Hello All,

I upgraded Qlikview server from 11.0 SR 2 to 11.2 SR8 on saturday,

It worked fine on Sunday but today the QV server services restarting every 12 minutes.

Please help..

Thanks,

Alkesh

19 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

By any chance, check if you are using another server with same license in the network. That could be the issue. Otherwise, I would contact qlik support.

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hey Tresesco,

No that's not the case.

But, for your information. I did not un-installed the previous version. I just installed the new one. Could that have an impact??

Thanks,

Alkesh

maksim_senin
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

Installing on top of the previous version of QVS should not lead to such an issue. I didn't use SR8 but SR9 installed on top of some of the previous version works fine. Personally I never saw any issues after QVS upgrade starting from version 9 to 11. Of course that can depend on your infrastructure though.

By the way, even if there are two or more QVS with the same license a server serice would hardly start at all, so the cause is somewhere else.

Best regards,

Maxim

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Maxim,

I am running out of solutions. Would you recommend anything to help me solve this issue.

We have changed the deleted the PGOs and re created them. still the issue remains.

Thanks,

Alkesh

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The reason for restart in the LOG says:

Reason for restart: Phoenix detected: Performance monitor stuck

Thanks,

Alkesh

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Check this thread for similar issue discussion: http://community.qlik.com/message/188928#188928

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Tresesco,

I have already gone through this thread. The thread is still open and no solution is described.

Some replies do mention that It's an OS issue and not Qlikview.

Could you confirm please.

Thanks,

Alkesh

tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you contact Qlik, they would probably redirect you to Microsoft. Even without any confirmation, I would ask my OS team to look into the issue.

alkesh_sharma
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Tresesco, lemme raise to ticket to Qliktech.

Thanks.

Alkesh