Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server 8.5 x64 - Internal inconsistency, type D, detected.

Hi All.

Recently, I installed a Qlikview Server 8.5 x64 in an IBM Blade Server and everything was going pretty well. Unfortunatelly some days ago users have told me about an error acessing QVServer, whose is restarting aplication. Looking at event log, I've seen the following message: "Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected.". I've seen some discussion about memory violation and etc but I don't believe that this is my problem because IBM Blade Server has 48GB RAM!

I really don't know where I can start searching for something in this server. If anybody has some tip to send me I'll be very glad to receive it.

Regards,

Jorge Olimpia - Brazil

4 Replies
guidog
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi Jorge, When I installed QVServer 8.5 x64 had some troubles too, not the message your users recieved, there was anothers, but you set the "Restart the Service" in the "Properties/Recovery" section of the QVServer Services when you install the QVServer?

Something that gave me problems was the original "Working Set Limits [70%, 90%, 10%] of the "Advanced" section of the QVServer, so I´ve change them to [10%, 10%, 10%] and now everything is working fine.

I hope this help you and pardon my english...

Not applicable
Author

Hello Guido.

I've set Qlikview Server service as usual, I mean, "Restart the Service". I've tried your suggestion about "Working Set Limits" and unfortunatelly those settings haven't worked very well.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion!

If I find a solution I'll post it here!

Regards,

Jorge Olimpia - Brazil

Not applicable
Author

Hello jorge,

have you find the solution.

bcoz i am facing the same issue for last one month....

can you help me to resolve this issue.

thanks in advance.

charleskaren
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jorge

It looks like you're encountering an issue with QlikView Server 8.5 x64, specifically an "Internal inconsistency, type D, detected" error. While I might not have the exact solution, I can definitely offer some general guidance that might help you troubleshoot the problem.

1. Check Logs: Start by checking the logs for more detailed error messages. They could provide valuable insights into what's causing the issue. Look for any patterns or specific error codes that might lead you in the right direction.

2. Update/Upgrade: Ensure that you are using the latest version of QlikView Server. Sometimes, these types of errors can be caused by bugs that have been addressed in newer releases. Consider upgrading if you're not already on the latest version.

3. System Requirements: Verify that your server environment meets the system requirements for QlikView Server 8.5 x64. This includes factors like operating system version, hardware specifications, and software dependencies.

4. Memory and Resources: Check if your server has enough available memory and system resources to handle QlikView Server operations. Sometimes, these errors can occur due to resource constraints.

5. Configuration Files: Review your configuration files for any discrepancies or errors. A misconfigured setting could potentially lead to this kind of inconsistency.

6. Security Software: Ensure that any security software or firewalls are not blocking QlikView Server processes. Sometimes, overly aggressive security settings can interfere with the application's operations.

7. Database Connectivity: If QlikView Server relies on a database, make sure that the database connection is stable and properly configured.

8. Check QlikView Community: Search QlikView community forums or knowledge bases. It's possible that others have encountered and resolved similar issues, and their solutions might apply to your situation as well.

9. Contact Support: If you've exhausted your troubleshooting options and the issue persists, consider reaching out to QlikView support. They might have specific insights or solutions for this error.

10. Consider Upgrading: Since QlikView Server 8.5 is quite an old version, you might also want to consider migrating to a more recent version or even exploring Qlik's newer product offerings.