Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

galrion82
New Contributor III

Qlikview Server 9 Errors

I installed QlikView Server RS2 2 weeks ago.

A couple of days ago, the server crashes without warning. It happens 2 -3 times a day; the user can't connect to the server. When they try, the client freezes before the file list is displayed.

The only way to fix this is to restart the 6 Qlikview services.

Before we had the 8.5 version (on a different machine, so it isn't a compatibility issue) and i had the same problem, but i was hopping that with a new server version and a more powerful machine i'll get rid of this problem. Sadly, that is not the case.

I searched on the server for clues in the logs and i found this line around the time the error occured:

2010-02-10 10:38:52 Error Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected.
2010-02-10 10:38:52 Error Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type E, detected.

The EventID is 120

Anyone else had this problem?

5 Replies
Not applicable

SV:Qlikview Server 9 Errors

Try pin pointing which report and object that is causing the problem. Check logs for reports opened at the time or ask users what they were trying to do. See if you can reproduce restarting of the server and what might be the reason.

Had similar problems a while ago with internal inconsitency when dynamicly changing text format in a table. Sent it to support and it was a bug which was corrected in next SR.

/Michael

vgutkovsky
Honored Contributor II

SV:Qlikview Server 9 Errors

I would recommend monitoring your VM levels, because this might be an instance of the VM-leak bug in SR2. If it is, a customer patch exists that fixes the problem.

Regards,

Employee
Employee

Qlikview Server 9 Errors

The "Internal inconsistency" error is not a static error that points to a specific problem - it is a safety mechanism and more of a pointer to where something happened. It might be a result of another error, for eg. memory exhaustion, but all these errors are usually treated as bugs and should be treated as such, and preferably debugged.

Report the issue to Qliktech Support, and try and attach qvs log files and the qvw file, if the error can be traced to one.

Not applicable

Qlikview Server 9 Errors

Hi,

I had this exact problem. We did the following and it has resolved itself -

  • Turned off Debug logging and reduced the verbosity - we found the logfile was growing a 10MB per second
  • We also turned off any Auto Reloads that were going on - ours are currently still failing on Section Access issues and we are working with QlikTech support to resolve them.
  • We updated to SR3 and we installed a 64Bit Server.

Cheers

Lee

Employee
Employee

Qlikview Server 9 Errors

I would say that number 3 on that action list is the most probable cause for the issue go go away, either by a fix to one of the Internal Inconsistency errors in SR3 or by the difference in behavior on a x64 platform.

Community Browser