Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server Installation with Domain User

Hi,

I have a Issue actually my query is more related with Network team but if any one can Help/suggest will be appreciated .

Scenario 1:

I am working on a client where I have Installed Qlikview Server as TEST Server and is WORKING FINE.

I have installed Qlikview services on a Physical Machine with Local administrator  Account  (Administrator) as that Machine is itself part of their Domain.

Checked on My Computer -->Properties-->

Say Computer Name :            QVTestServer

Full Computer Name:      QVTestServer.<Company_name>

Domain:                              <Company_name>

All Users are able to hit Access point and can work around.

Scenario 2:

Need your guidance for this .

Now we have a Production Server (Virtual Environment) Ready with good configuration and I need to install my Qlikview on that environment. but instead of Local Admin Account I want to use Domain User which I have   "Company_Name\Qvadmin".

My Computer -->Properties--> are same instead of Name <QVTestServer it is now <QVProductiontServer>.

when I try to install i get stuck on the wizard where I need to browse my Domain Server and Username with Password.

when I Browse I can see only my Machine name in Domain/Server when click on Browse which is QVProductionServer in this case.

and because I can see only my Machine name I can't see  see any Domain Users, only Local Machine Accounts in User list as I have only 1 Domain listed which is Machine Name as shown below:

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

I am not sure but may be my Machine is part of Domain not work group that is why?

My Computer -->Properties-->System Properties->Computer Name-->Computer name/Domain Changes its Member of Domain instead of work group screen shot below

Untitled.png

I hope from above Screen shots you will be able to understand my problem I have already done several Installations where I can have entire list and select their Company Domain with respective  Domain User and used to work fine.

Now  here I need to make my Client understand could any one can suggest me who to approach to my Client network team here he used to say its Qlikview Wizard tool issue and his Machine is already a part of Domain which make me angry to hit him hard, need to learn Networking now .

Thanks for reading and will waiting for replies/suggestions

Labels (1)
19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anant,

I have a Domain Account and have full access as Admin rights.

that Domain account is also a member of local administrator group. when I login with Domain Account , I can't go ahead from the wizard where I need to input my Domain/Server Username and Password as when I browse I can only see only 1 Machine name listed in Domain which is mine. and users which are local machine accounts only.

Even If try to type in the current domain\account combination, and the corresponding password it through an Error

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you check the box the services will be setup to run under "Local System". Once the install is complete and before you reboot the server, you will need to set the QlikView Services to run under the correct user that has Administrator rights.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill,

I did the same way it worked .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

I would like to know how you managed to add Domain account to Local admin group

If you mean   "Company_Name\Qvadmin"  a domain account created on ADL by a domain controller.

is that by creating a new group under Group of Local user and Group in Computer Management console and then adding browsing and searching  just cinfirm or make it clear.

anant

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Well, to start the computer has to be a member of that domain. Next you would open Computer Management and under Local Users and Groups you would click on groups. On the right you will see the groups. Right Click on Administrators and select "Add to group". This will open the Administrators Property and at the bottom you will see add.

When the select Users box opens, you would type in the username and from Locations select the domain.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Noted,

Thank's  Bill,

Not applicable
Author

Bit of an old thread but might be of use to someone... When performing the installation, if you defer the choice of what account to use when prompted, it will not be assigned the rights it needs to work correctly when using digital certificates in conjunction with custom directory users.

So in my case, i cant defer the choice and I cant choose to use a domain level account so am being forced to use a local account - not really how I'd like to run things but I dont seem to have any choice after spending days looking at this with help from Qlik

Not applicable
Author

HI BIll,

If you have any document stating qlikview services need admin rights pls share the document to justify IT team.i cant find in server ref manual

suleman.imrankhan@gmail.com

Regards

Imran Khan

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

If you look at the Qlik Server reference manual (11.20 SR12) page 23 it states:

Note! The account that is used to run the QlikView services must have local administrator privileges.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I do the same but my users within the domain cannot access the Access Point (url: http://ip/qlikview) ,

however I can  access in the server with url : http://localhost/qlikview

Did I lose any configuration? Please help me.

Thanks

Bob