Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server Licence Updation

Hi,

I need to update the qlikview server licence with a new lef file which has increased number of CALS.I would be updating the existing LEF with a new Lef will the DCAL's and Named User CALs which are already in use get affected.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have remove my license information for security reason. If the license number has not change the all you need to do hit the update button. Do not hit the "Clear License" button if the license number is the same. It will wipe out all your license data.

See below.

111.png
Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

perhaps similar question here

Re: Upgrade from SBE to EE - How tricky?

pay attention to "Clear License" button (read in suggested link)

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If it is the same license (serial) number, just that you have added more users, the process should be trivial, either you do validating the license using Internet or by means of the LEF file. No licenses will get unassigned, after applying (which means resetting) the QlikView Server service, you will see the same things you do now, but with more licenses in your pool to be assigned.

Miguel

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I have remove my license information for security reason. If the license number has not change the all you need to do hit the update button. Do not hit the "Clear License" button if the license number is the same. It will wipe out all your license data.

See below.

111.png
Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

But then how about the CAL's that are already assigned to the users will they be revoked once the LEF is updated.

The licence No is same only the LEF is updated

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

As mentioned above, if it is the same license number, they should not be removed.

Miguel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Like the simplicity you show in answering a query... Perfect !!!

Anant