Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlikview Server- Problem in DOC CALs Assignment

Hi,

I have installed Qlikview Server, and licensed it with a SBE, 5 Named CALs and 40 Doc CALs.

Then I have deployed one application on the server, and added to it 12 DOC CALs to be  assigned automatically. Everything went well till now, and we still have 28 DOC CALs remaining.

Afterwards, I deployed another application, and tried to add to it some DOC CALs. Unfortunately, the server shows that there are no available DOC CALs, and give an error message when I try to add DOC CALs to any application. The error message says there are no available DOC CALs, whereas there should be 28 DOC CALs available.

Any suggestion on this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Andrew,

I think this was the case.

In anyway, i resolved it by re-licensing the server.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Rodrigue,

you need to check that you have not assigned DOC cals to documents that you s subsequently, MOVED, RENAMED or DELETED, if you have done any of these action, the DOC CALS will still be attached within QV to these.

First thing to check is your USER DOCUMENT list, to see if any QVWS are listed in all UPPER CASE, these will have had action preformed on them.

You need to recreate the dummies of the original documents with the EXACT same name (including case) in the original location and  remove any allocated DOC CALS from them.

HTH - Andy

rodrigue_saade
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Andrew,

I think this was the case.

In anyway, i resolved it by re-licensing the server.

Thank you.