Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server Rebuild - Licensing

Hello,

I am in the process of rebuilding a development server, which consists of a single system running publisher, access point, and Qlikview server. The current dev server has QVS and QVP licenses installed.

I'd like to do a parallel build and then execute a cut-over when I'm ready with the new system. However, I'm brand new to Qlikview so I'm not exactly sure how this would work from a licensing standpoint. Can I just grab the license keys off of our current development server and apply them to the new system I'm building? Or would that "un-register" the licenses from the current dev server? And, if so, would that take effect immediately or the next time the services restart?

Thanks for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Colin-Albert

Speak to your Partner / Reseller who should be able to arrange a temporary licence to cover the UAT testing of the new server alongside the existing server.

If you run two qlikview servers on the same network with the same licence, they will switch the services on and off at about 10 minutes intervals! You need separate licences to run your parallel build.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Colin-Albert

Speak to your Partner / Reseller who should be able to arrange a temporary licence to cover the UAT testing of the new server alongside the existing server.

If you run two qlikview servers on the same network with the same licence, they will switch the services on and off at about 10 minutes intervals! You need separate licences to run your parallel build.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunate, but exactly the info I was looking for! Thanks for confirming this for me and saving me the trouble of explaining to users why the dev server was crashing every 10 minutes. 😉