Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server in a REMOTE location

Hi

I would highly appreciate if anyone could help me...

Suppose my client has business purpose databases (such as at their payroll, sales, etc.) on their own site and a qlikview server on a virtual server at a remote location in a data center.

In the above scenario, huge amount of data has to be extracted from the local databases to the remote virtual server which could lead to bandwidth overload.

I was wondering if I could have a Small Business Edition Server with 4 CALs on the remote virtual server and have one CAL on the local client site so that instead of sending huge amount of data directly to the remote server, a QVD could be built locally using one CAL and then published to the remote virtual qlikview server to be viewed by other users.

Or

Do you have any suggestion for enhancing performance without causing bandwidth overload where the Qlikview server in a REMOTE location?

Thanks and Regards

Raj

2 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Raj,

It might be more cost-effective to buy a Desktop license for the local server and then just schedule a reload of the QVD generator using Windows Task Scheduler. Using QVS (even SBE) for this seems like overkill. The syntax for doing a command line reload is: qv.exe /r myfile.qvw

Btw, in the future please try to not double-post the same question, it makes it hard for people searching for this answer to find...

Thanks and regards,

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Vlad. I apologise, I would not post double in future