Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Server installation

Hi

I have installed Qlik view Server version 11.20 on Windows Server 2008 R2 as a standard installation. All the services in one single machine and use MS ISS as web service.

When I tried to license the product by entering Serial Number & control -->Apply License it will generate the script in 'Paste the contents of the LEF file here(optional)' area. At the same time following message is appeared.

Server failed to set license: QVS@qlikview: This license key has expired

Can you advice how i should enter the license key for server version.

Thanks.

Harshana

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

All license has you maintenance date in it. If you don't renew you contact you are not allowed to install any new produce or updates after that date. This would look like this PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2013-09-01

Also you can have a TimeLimit license and it will not work after the time has expired, and that setting would look like TIMELIMIT;VALUE;;2015-01-31

So, check you LEF and see which one has gotten you. If you want to send me the license key in a private email, I will check it for you

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You are possibly using a license key and control number for which QlikTech has set an expiration date (temporary license) that has passed. Can you check the validity of your license?

Was it a demo license? When you buy QlikView Server, usually the same license key and control number are upgraded. But that may not be true in your case.

Peter

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

All license has you maintenance date in it. If you don't renew you contact you are not allowed to install any new produce or updates after that date. This would look like this PRODUCTLEVEL;10;;2013-09-01

Also you can have a TimeLimit license and it will not work after the time has expired, and that setting would look like TIMELIMIT;VALUE;;2015-01-31

So, check you LEF and see which one has gotten you. If you want to send me the license key in a private email, I will check it for you

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill

It looks like the license key was temporary. I have requested the actual key.

Thanks for your feedback.

Harshana

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Thank is great. Can you make the correct answer?

Bill