Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alal
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlikview V9 PDF Publisher

Hi,

Just installed V9 on a test X64 server to try out Qlikview's new publisher and PDF publisher. Publisher as such works fine and mails reduced QVW files as expected. However, i cannot get it to publish as PDF. I get the following error:

Error Could not print report. ErrorCode=PRINTER_UNKNOWN_ERROR. ReportID=Document\RP03

Error l_FilePackage.FileList.Count is zero

Has anyone else faced a similar issue with V9 PDF publishing? The PDF printer is installed correctly as I can manually run the report and print using the PDF printer.

Note: The installation wizard installs PDF X-Change 3.0 as the default printer. I have changed this now. It does not work in either case.

All services are running under group admin account.

7 Replies
leocvaz
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, Alal

did you solve this problem? I had the same mensage in my server and I can't send any report to my users.

Tks,

Leonardo

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To start to be able to send PDF reports to users, this is an option you have to pay for. The users you send the reports to have to be in an AD or Custom User having an email address. It is only a report and this has to be built into the QVW. You have to select the report ou want to send in the drop down on the distribution page.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
leocvaz
Contributor III
Contributor III

OK you are right, everything OK. I paid, I installed, I configured everything. But the mensage.

When it runs automatically on schedule this errors occurs, if you force the execution manually on the QEMC it works .

alal
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I think an upgrade to the latest SR did the trick. SR1 had issues.

Try moving to the latest SR on V9 or read the bug fix list first.

The bright side is that it is working for us now, so eventually it should work for you too.

Not applicable

I had a similar issue with QV9 SR2, solved by reinstalling the qlik pdf printer and setting it the default printer

Not applicable

Hi Everybody:

I had the same problem, but I solved it installing other PDF Printer and setting it as default printer.

I hope works for you. Regards,

Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I got the same error and after research about it I got to this conclusion:

When we have a task which send a PDF by mail we can not have any hidden object in our report, because for any reason Qlikview lose the reference to these objects and QV doesn't know how to make the report.

I hope it helps

Regards