Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

Not applicable

Qlikview Web parts V11 installation issue

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing the QvWebparts.

It's setup on a SharePoint server, with access to a QlikView server.

My problem is I only have V10 installation guide, so I'm not sure I did everything correctly ....

If I follow the manual, I should have the following section inside the web.config of the selected webapp :
<QlikViewWebParts>

<General>

<add key="QvAjaxZfcPath" value="http://RD-CENTEST1/QvAjaxZfc/" />

<add key="Proxy" value"" />

</General>

</QlikViewWebParts>

But the thing is I only have this :

<SafeControl Assembly="QlikViewWebParts, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a9a508bbf3d43208" Namespace="QT.QWW.WebControls" TypeName="QvObject" Safe="True" SafeAgainstScript="False" />

Is this normal ?

Anyway, when I create a page and try to add a QvWebPart, I can't find the QlikView Object, as specified in the manual.

One last thing, it is not yet activated (I'm not sure if it matters).

Thank you for your help !

7 Replies
gainkarthi
Valued Contributor

Re: Qlikview Web parts V11 installation issue

While installing Qlikview Webparts it will ask for the accesspoint link..Did you give it?

Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for the answer. It did work.

I finally found the problem, the web.config file wasn’t configured properly.

Now I have an empty Document dropdown list, but I guess that’s because I don’t have sufficient permissions on the Qlikview server (the install is for someone else)

Regards,

Aurélien

gainkarthi
Valued Contributor

Good to hear it worked. Can you share us the installation screen shots, I am also facing few issues in ma environment.

Regards,

Karthi

Not applicable

Hello,

I’m sorry I didn’t take any screenshot, but I followed the V10 manual, the only differences are the following :

-          On the screen when you choose your web app, the second checkbox doesn’t exist in V10 manual. I checked it since I was on a test environment, following the recommendation.

-          My web.config didn’t include the section I mentioned in the first post. But if you go to your 14/CONFIG/ and open the webconfig.FDC32F77-D5E3-4010-BFA6-C4EEA3CED089.xml file you’ll find this section properly configured, and a declarative section which should be added to your webapp web.config file (the right sections to include it are clearly displayed). So there are 2 sections to include, and not just the one I mentioned in my first post.

That’s about it !

I hope it helps

Regards,

Aurélien

gainkarthi
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the information.

simondachstr
Valued Contributor III

Did you manage to fix the issue concerning the empty document list? That's where I am stuck.

Not applicable

Not yet, we had to use Kerberos instead of NTLM but right now it’s not working yet.

It did work when we tested in Anonymous though.