Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Webserver Service doesn't start

Hello

I tried to configure the WebServer via IIS. I had no luck with configuration and I am not able to start the Qlikview WebServer Service. I am getting the following information:

"The qlikview WebServer service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services automatically if they are not in use by other service of programs.

What can I do, that i will come back to the basic setup?

Thx

Real

20 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

are you also getting this problem?

Do you have another service running on port 80? are you running the webserver service under a local admin user?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Deal all,

I resolved this issue.

The problem was comming from firewall.

I disabled firewall and restarted my pc.

Then the services started automatically.

Then re-enabled firewalls.

This will fixed the problem.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

What if I have to use QV web server instead of IIS? I struggled for configuring IIS with QV, but didnt get success, so I decided to use QVWS. Configuring IIS with QV 10 SR3 has its own problem.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, same thing happens with me also. I have Windows XP SR3. QV 10 SR3 work properly with QV web server, but not with the IIS. Also, I found that it worked properly with QVWS only one time, after that I cant start the QVWS service. Let me know why I cant start the QVWS.

I have created a seperate user which is a member of Administrators Group as well as QlikView Administrators Group, and set the LOG ON property to start these QV services with theis user and password.

At the moment, a I have decided to not use IIS, I want to use QVWS. But the message it is showing is

"The qlikview WebServer service on local computer started and then stopped. Some services automatically if they are not in use by other service of programs"

Any help would be highly appreciated. Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq, I tried this also but not worked for me. Is there any sure shot solution either for starting QlikView web Server OR// Configuring IIS with the QV Server 10 SR3? Guys, let me know the solutions if you have any. I dont know why it is getting so much frustating, even though I have all the licenses. One more thing...Yesterday same setting worked for a while...but today nothing is working.

Not applicable
Author

I got the same issue cannot start the QlikView Webserver Service after brand new server install.  The error log shown when start the Windows service indicate cannot find the System.Core assembly.  From there, I have found out my Windows 2008 R2 only installed .net 4 framework but not .net 3.5.  One of the prerequisites of QlikView Server is .net 3.5.  After activate the .net 3.5 feature in Windows 2008 R2.  Everything runs fine.

Hope this will help.

Not applicable
Author

This error mainly appears if port 80 is already in use. To find out if it is, and what program is using it, try the following:

Open the command prompt (windows button+R, then type cmd)

In the command prompt, type:

netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80

It is the number to the far right that is the interesting one. It is the Process ID of the task currently using port 80. To see what task it is, open your task manager, click the "process"-tab. Then make sure your view is set to show PID (accomplished by clicking View>>Select Columns>>PID)

For me, I found out it was because I was using Skype on port 80 that I could not start my webserver. Closed it, and voila!

Hope this helps!

BR

Jakob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you are using QlikviewWeb server try stop IIS Admin service and restart Qlikview web server.

RUN -> CMD -> Services.msc ->IIS Admin

stop this service and start qlikview web server.

Sam

Not applicable
Author

Sprauch's answer regarding Skype was my problem was well.

Thank you for that post.

Not applicable
Author

The issue is resolved. The problem to me was not with the port 80, but the with some other internally used ports. I could get that by referring the logs in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\Log. Please check the logs here, it will be clear enough to debug. I got to know some port is unavailable, then i also noticed that the port was configured in xml file in the location C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml. After changing the port, the services was up and running. Now you can again reset the port to its default once the services are up!

Please note that after updating the config file close the application such as textpad or notepad whichever, else services will fail with the log, could not find config.xml.