Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview and Terminal Services/Application Server mode?

Does anybody know for sure if Qlikview is supported in Application Server mode? The purpose is to have multiple users (>2) remote desktop to a server and run Qlikview application there. I know it works with two remote desktop sessions while Windows terminal services is in "Remote Administration Mode", but will it work in Application Server mode?

Microsoft on Terminal Services / Application Server mode: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252330

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

QlikView client work for sure and is supported in Application Mode on Terminal Server or Citrix environment.
Remember anyway that each user will use it need it's own license and that this kind of application (memory/cpu intensive), is not suggested in a multi user environment, because you will nedd a lot of resources (memory/cpus).
Regards
corrado

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

QlikView client work for sure and is supported in Application Mode on Terminal Server or Citrix environment.
Remember anyway that each user will use it need it's own license and that this kind of application (memory/cpu intensive), is not suggested in a multi user environment, because you will nedd a lot of resources (memory/cpus).
Regards
corrado

Not applicable
Author

Remember anyway that each user will use it need it's own license

Does each user will use it need it's own licence if they don't use it at the same time ? (sorry for my bad english, I'm french)

Not applicable
Author

Yes, local client license is nominative and not for concurrent usage, hope help, Regards.

Not applicable
Author

And can we have a self service PC with Qlickview on it with one licence ?

THanks

Not applicable
Author

this kind of application (memory/cpu intensive), is not suggested in a multi user environment, because you will nedd a lot of resources (memory/cpus)

This might be the case. It is not very cost efficient to give every one a laptop with 64 Gb of memory, just in case they need to work with big data once a week. In a big server some people log in, and some log off, so there is a chance of getting work done. You can postpone a bigger server until the average load increases.

-Alex