Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview document reload manually

Hi, I have a requirement to reload qvw files manually, but need to do it without needing to create a task/job as there are many different file names and are always changing.

I can use "Qv.exe /r" and it works when someone is logged into the computer, but it does not work when running from a service or non interactive session.  It (Qv.exe) starts and then never reloads the document and never shuts down.

Previously we used to click the "Reload" button on the document tab in Management Console, however since installing publisher we now no longer have the "Reload" button.

How can I execute a Qlikview document reload from a non interactive process like a service without creating a task / using EDX?

Cheers

3 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Create a .BAT file and place the script "Qv.exe /r" file name in it and schedule this in Windows Task Scheduler and specify the timings to reload.  This will reload automatically.

Hope this is what you are expecting.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Hope this might help you.

http://community.qlik.com/message/293144#293144

Regards,

Anju

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan, I didn't try setting it up as a secheduled job, so I cant comment if that would work or not.

Thanks Anju, I had seen that article earlier this morning and tried running the QVDistributionService but it said "This needs to be installed as a service".. but upon reading your post I took another look and had realised that perhaps by using the -r argument the program runs.. and it did.

So I can use the QVDistributionService.exe and the -r argument to execute qvw reloads from within a service or non-interactive process.

The only gotcha, is I had to open the QVDistributionService.exe.config file and change EnableBatchMode from false to true.

Thanks for all the help.