Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview extension on server

Hi,

For some reason i cannot get the bullet chart extension to work on the server (via AJAX client)

all objects were copied from my user profile to 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects'

Capture.PNG.png

Extension are enabled on the server side:

Capture.PNG.png

works fine on the QV Desktop (WebView mode)

Capture.PNG.png

but not on the browser (chrome)

Capture.PNG.png

what am i'm doing wrong?

(qlikview 11.2 sr5)

Labels (2)
15 Replies
Nicole-Smith

What path do you have it at on your computer?

If you're using the bullet extension that comes with QV, it needs to be placed at ..\Extensions\Objects\QlikView\Examples.

You can tell where it needs to be placed by looking at the Script.js file:

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Test it with different browsers.

Not applicable
Author

Nicole,

appericiate your quick response

I've placed the files in

'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\QlikView\Examples\bullet'

but still with no luck...

Nicole-Smith

Can you post the Script.js file?  I can help you out better if I can see that file.

mjm
Employee
Employee

Hello Dror,

Is this a problem only with this one extension, or have you seen similar problems with other extensions?

Does this problem only appear in the AJAX Client? Have you seen the same occuring as a test in IE Plugin?

Thanks,

Mark

Not applicable
Author

Mark,

This problem is consistent with IE and Chrome. on IE plugin i get 'unknow chart type'.

Nicole,

Attached js file.

It most be something realy stupid that i miss

Question: It should also work on test server, right?

Dror

Nicole-Smith

Can you open up the bullet folder and post a screenshot of what is all in there?

Also, if you're using an older version of Windows Server (such as 2003), extensions need to be placed in a different directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

It should work on your test server.  I'm confused as to why it isn't working.

Not applicable
Author

Nicole,

folder content:

Capture.PNG.png

we're using windows 2008

Nicole-Smith

So strange--I can't figure out what's wrong.  Can you send me the whole extension?  I can try it on my machine and see if it works for me.