Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview plugin 11.2 Silent install/upgrade

I am trying to upgrade machines that have 11.0 qlikview plugin to 11.2 silently with SCCM does anyone know the silent switches as well as if it will upgrade 11.0 to 11.2 or will it just need 11.0 removed then install 11.2?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ronald,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you quicker, but I needed to do some testing. The below will work.

msiexec /fvecmus "C:\QvPluginSetup.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /quiet

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

msiexec /i
"QlikViewX64.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /quiet

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

That is what I am using but if a machine already has 11.0 installed it won't upgrade to 11.2 any idea on how to get that to work?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would try to do an uninstall first and then a install. You will need to find a way to add a delay timer between the uninstall and install to make sure the first task is finished.

On my machine the QvPluginSetup.msi is under C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\QlikTech Installations\{66707AB0-8201-49B6-AD96-47EA1271E58E}\

and being it is per user there could be more than one and it is based on the version that is out there. I can move QvPluginSetup.msi to the c:\ drive and run msiexec /x "C:\QvPluginSetup.msi" /quiet

and it will uninstall the version.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

So I have it run an uninstall first BUT if the program isn't there sccm just fails.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Ronald,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you quicker, but I needed to do some testing. The below will work.

msiexec /fvecmus "C:\QvPluginSetup.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /quiet

Bill

Not applicable
Author

That works!!!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I am using Local update publisher (LUP) to deploy qlikview IE plugin, LUP is a open source tool that can be integrated with WSUS and can be used to deploy non Microsoft updates.

Right now I have two tasks running...first one to uninstall  and the second one to install.

The above command line option (msiexec /fvecmus "C:\QvPluginSetup.msi" ALLUSERS=1 /quiet) does not work in LUP.

Can any one help me in this regard. Thank you

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I would contact LUP  to see why it doesn't support the installer commands.

Bill

davidmc1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thank you very much Bill! Is our upgrade solution on 64 bit clients. But if client doesn't have any version installed it doesn't work... We need to find the way that it works in both cases when client have previous version and when not.