Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview server 11 -services not starting.

Hi,

I am getting below error when we start qlikview services.

Event Type:Error
Event Source:QlikView Distribution Service v11.0.11282
Event Category:None
Event ID:0
Date:
7/26/2012
Time:
7:05:15 AM
User:
N/A
Computer:XLSWEBSERVER

Description:

Exception=System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_NameTable()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.get_CategoryTable()

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CategoryExists(String machine, String category)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(String categoryName, String machineName)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(String categoryName)

at QDSMain.ObjectPool.PerformanceCounterPool.createCounterDataCollection()

at QDSMain.ObjectPool.PerformanceCounterPool.SetUpCategoryAndCounters()

at QDSMain.ObjectPool.InitObjects(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eRunLevel i_RunLevel, Func`1 clusterIDListGetFunc)

at QDSMain.MainClass.CheckAndInitializeEnviroment(ILogBucket logBucket, ClusterRegistration clusterReg)

at QDSMain.MainClass.Run()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Source:Qlikview Distribution Service
Event ID:0
Date:
7/26/2012
Time:
7:05:15 AM
User:
N/A

Description:

Startup failure. Read the log file and/or event log for determinating the cause of this problem. Note! The service must have sufficient permissions in Publisher Application Data Folder: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\DistributionService". Exception=System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry.

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean isHelp)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CategoryExists(String machine, String category)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(String categoryName, String machineName)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(String categoryName)

at QDSMain.ObjectPool.PerformanceCounterPool.createCounterDataCollection()

at QDSMain.ObjectPool.PerformanceCounterPool.SetUpCategoryAndCounters()

at QDSMain.ObjectPool.InitObjects(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, eRunLevel i_RunLevel, Func`1 clusterIDListGetFunc)

at QDSMain.MainClass.CheckAndInitializeEnviroment(ILogBucket logBucket, ClusterRegistration clusterReg)

at QDSMain.MainClass.Run()

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Application: QVManagementService.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

Stack:

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CategoryExists(System.String, System.String)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(System.String, System.String)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(System.String)

at QMSBackendCore.Measurement+PerformanceCounterPool.CreateCounterDataCollection()

at QMSBackendCore.Measurement+PerformanceCounterPool.SetupCategoryAndCounters()

at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.Startup(Int32, System.String, SNMP.SnmpService ByRef)

at QMS.MainLoop.Run(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

Event Source:.NET Runtime
Event ID:1026
Date:
7/26/2012
Time:
7:07:17 AM
User:
N/A

Description:

Application: QVManagementService.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

Stack:

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.GetStringTable(Boolean)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterLib.CategoryExists(System.String, System.String)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(System.String, System.String)

at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounterCategory.Exists(System.String)

at QMSBackendCore.Measurement+PerformanceCounterPool.CreateCounterDataCollection()

at QMSBackendCore.Measurement+PerformanceCounterPool.SetupCategoryAndCounters()

at QMSBackendInterface.QMSBackend.Startup(Int32, System.String, SNMP.SnmpService ByRef)

at QMS.MainLoop.Run(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(System.Object)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I ran into this same issue.  It has to do with the performance counters in .NET.  Running a cmd prompt as administrator I ran "lodctr /R" to rebuild the counters.  Worked for me anyway.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Do you have installed .NET 4 Extended profile in the computer where the QlikView services are running? Apart from that, is the account running the services member of local groups Administrators and QlikView Administrators?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I ran into this same issue.  It has to do with the performance counters in .NET.  Running a cmd prompt as administrator I ran "lodctr /R" to rebuild the counters.  Worked for me anyway.

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

pwhorisky,

I was bleeding over the same problem.  Your suggestion worked for me.  Thanks!!!

bimartingo
Contributor III
Contributor III

pwhorisky,

right solution.

In fact, looking at the Windows Application Log there where many Warning Events with "Checking Performance Counter Category exists failed. Exception: Cannot load Counter Name data because an invalid index '' was read from the registry."

this fact suggested me your solution would correct the issue and it did.

Thanks.