Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Query logging within Qlikview

Hello,

I'm a Netezza DBA researching Qlikview usage.

We have Qlikview connecting to our Netezza database.

What I want to know is, if you have a number of users logging onto Qlikview (using their individual Qlikview log ons) to connect to the Netezza database using a single generic database account.. Can the SQL they submit be tracked back to the individual who logged on the the Qlikview server and, breifly how is this done?

Many thanks for your time,

Chris

3 Replies
garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Users don't submit SQL in a QlikView environment.  When a QlikView document is reloaded, it uses the "single generic database account" you mention.  Once the document is reloaded, the data is stored locally on disk and in RAM and does not make any more round trips to the database.  User "queries" don't go back to the source database.  It's basically a local caching mechanism.

Gary

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I understand that for the most part the data is cached. However, with our users, occasionally they need to retrieve more data than that which is retrieved from the Netezza Database system on a daily basis and send ad-hoc collections of additional data to Netezza from Qlikview. It is these additional requests, that are sent using a generic Netezza user id stored on the QlikView server, that we really need to be able to track back to the QlikView user that logged on and submitted the request.

Currently I am advised that those qlikview users that are logged on can not be tied up to requests from the server to the Netezza database for these additional data requests. This causes us a headache for Auditing.

Qlikview is failry new to our company, and I was hoping that perhaps there is a way that our relatively inexperienced administrators do not yet know about to tie this up?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Do you mean by write back from qlikview to netezza ?? why is it so needed ??