Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question about Sessions.log: Client address and Clinet machine identification

Hi ,  I have some question about sessions.log on qvs.  I access qvw files by accesspoint of QVS, and I notice that the Client Address in sessions.log always "127.0.0.1" I wanna this to describe the real ip address of client. HOW? Thanks.

And I use the same PC to access qvs many times and the Client machine identification is a long string. What is the sting meaning? How does the qvs make the string?  When I use the same PC I get 2 difference identifications? Why?

Thank you very much.

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Whenever you connect Accesspoint through localhost, it will always takes 127.0.0.1. The reason is the localhost mostly have 127.0.0.1 IP address.

I dont know what that string mean and how it is computed, but it has computer name with it. So from that you can identify the machine.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki   

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik, Thank you for your reply. In the 1st question, I access accesspoint through several PCs but not from loacalhost, But the result is always 127.0.0.1. Can I record the PC's own ip but not 127.0.0.1 ?