Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Question

Help . . . .!  I have been running QV11 for 2 years now from the same laptop with the same user ID.  Today I suddenly get a message that I have exceeded the maximum number of document recoveries allowed.  I contacted the Qlikview concierge who verified my license and verified it is valid.  The representative asked me to hang up and call Qlik back to get technical support as he was having issues transferring my call.   Long story short, the 877 number keeps hanging up on me.  I need help!!!!  Does anyone know how I can access my documents again?  I have a major demo coming up for a dashboard I have been working on.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Christina,

I am sorry to hear that you had trouble getting in touch with Technical Support. Here is a link to the Qlik Technical Support page where you can log your issue and contact a support member:

https://qliksupport.force.com/qs_casewizard?_ga=1.241183490.1622088629.1447711927

If it turns out that this does not get you the assistance you need, please reply to this thread to let me know and I will find another way for you to get assistance.

Best regards,

Qlik Community Moderation Team

quwok
Creator III
Creator III

Has your leased license on your laptop expired and QlikView returned to Personal Edition? This can happen if your laptop could not contact your QlikView Server for 30 days or more. If so, you'll need to connect to your QlikView server to re-lease a license.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you have a valid license, i.e. a serial number and a control number, try clearing the license in your Qlikview installation on the License tab of the User Preferences window and then reenter the serial number and control number again.

If you have only one dashboard to demo you could also clear out the C:\Users\UserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView folder. Your Qlikview installation should then behave again as a new Qlikview Personal installation and give you four document recoveries again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

If your lease license has expired, when you open up Qlikview, in the top left (I believe), it will say personal edition.

Please check, and if that is the case, you will need to connect to your server to lease a new license

rajeshforqlikvi
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Sad to hear , you please write the same to support@qlikview.com

Regards.

Rajesh Kumar

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Rajesh

Message sent from mobile device

Christina Booth-Jackson