Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qv upgrade 11.0 to 11.2

Hi expert,

I need to upgrade my Qv server and publisher to 11.2 SR6.

Please give me any installation document if u have.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kabilan K.

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There isn't much to tell about such an upgrade. Most of the time, I did it in-site without removing the old installation and with no adverse effects.

However, QlikTech advises to remove the old 11.0 before installing the new one. See the 11.20SR6 Release Notes. So you should make a copy of C:\ProgramData\QlikTech before deleting v11.0

If you have ODBC connections to SQL Server and/or other MS products, and you experience intermittent reload failures after the upgrade, you may want to check out this thread Error after upgrading to version 11.20 SR2

Good luck,

Peter

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

See also this useful discussion on going from 11 to 11.2: Re: Question on Upgrade from version 11.0 to 11.2 SR1

If the QlikView set-up is not too big (no enterprise architecture), shutdown the services, launch the installation package and perform an in-site upgrade.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I need to Install the Qlikview Server in one server and Publisher in another one.

I am qlikview server enterprise edition.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In that case, the following document may be of help. It's not about 11.2 or migrating from 11 to 11.2 (that's not really a migration, just a simple upgrade) but it contains a nice overview of the process of moving various QlikView services to other machines. See Section-5: Re-locating QlikView Services.

Best,

Peter