Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qvw isn't reloaded by Publisher

Hello,

We have got a Win2003 R2 64bit server running QlikView Publisher Standard. We have defined a job in which a couple of tasks are defined to run every night. When reloading these application directy from QlikView there isn't a problem, they are reloading fine. But... When starting the job in Publisher, every single task immediately says 'Error'...

I assume it has something to do with the userrights, the user running the publisher service probably lacks the right to open the QVW's or maybe can't access the ODBC driver.. I have added the log in which the reload of the first application fails.

Hope you can help.. Thanks, Sander

4 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I'm just guessing but maybe you need to define a system DSN instead of a user DSN ODBC connection. You can also try changing the user under what the Publisher Execution Service is running.

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

Make sure your ODBC configuration under Administrative tools is a System DSN rather than a User DSN.

Hope this helps!

/Karl

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your replies!

I guess the ODBC connection isn't a issue. Even when creating a job that reloads a simple application which loads a .QVD from the local disk doesn't work. I think it has something to do with rights.

Do you know how to change the user that is running the Publisher?

Regards, Sander

Karl_Humma
Employee
Employee

To test whether it is the user:

Do a run as... on QlikView and reload the application using the userid that is running the services. If it fails than it is a user rights issue.

To change the user running QlikView Services:

Under Administrative Tools > Services you can change the Publisher Execution Service user there under Properties > Log On. It's best to create a local admin user who has log on as service rights then make this user to run all of your QlikView services. Make sure this user has ntfs access to the source documents folder as well as the distribution folder(s) and accesspoint folder(s). Also be sure to add this user to the QlikView Administrators group.

New user will not take effect until services are restarted.

hope this helps!

/Karl