Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III

R6025 pure virtual function call error - QV11 SR2

I have a few users reporting the R6025 'pure virtual function call' error when they browse to accesspoint. They browse to accesspoint and it starts to render but before it's finished and the QVWs are displayed the R6025 error message appears and crashes IE. After they restart IE they can use QlikView normally until the next day when the same issue appears again. They are using QV11 SR2 with Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit) and the plug-in (32-bit).

So far only ~5% of my user base is reporting this issue and they are all at the same physical location. Most of my users are outside of that physical location and are not reporting this issue. The issue occured immediately after an upgrade to QV11 SR2. This location might have different machine/user group policies applied to it than the other locations, but other than that the images of the machines should be nearly identical.

QlikTech support is telling me they think it's environmental and told me to check .NET runtime versions on the machines affected (I'm working on this now). Has anyone else had this occur? What should I focus on as possible causes?

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We have done everything imaginable to my poor test user and her machine to attempt to resolve this issue. I recently gave her a new laptop (with fresh image) and she has not been able to reproduce the issue in 2 weeks. We are going to resolve the issue by reimaging the machines of the 5+ affected users. I didn’t want to do this, since I’ll never know the root cause, but I tried everything short of a reimage.

Result – our issue was machine specific and only affected a handful of our total user base.

Root cause: Unknown

View solution in original post

13 Replies
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found that this issue seems to be user-machine specific. That is I can take a user who is having this issue on a specific machine and have them do a Run-As on Internet explorer and use a test account - and the problem goes away. I recreated the users profile and surprisingly this did not help (I already uninstalled/reinstalled QV). My next step will be to uninstall QV and remove all traces of the software (reg keys, files, etc.) and see if that fixes the issue.

I did learn that the Plug-in can write a log file:

----------------  From QT support ---------------------------

For the questions concerning the plugin Open an application in the plugin client. Go to Menu - About QlikViewRight click the Q in the left cornerFind "ExtendedErrorLoggingMode"Set the value to 1Press Set and CloseThe logfile will be found in C:\Documents and Settings\USER NAME\My Documents (WinXP) OR C:\Users\USERSNAME\Documents and is called QlikViewError.Log.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Interesting, thanks for the update.

IVAN-FELIPE
Employee
Employee

Hi, I'm experimenting the same issue, I started to happend when I upgraded to v11 SR2 from v10 SR4

I'll get in contact with support, if I get some new info I'll comment.

Best

rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We have not had much luck resolving this issue. It does appear to be environmental however. We have 100% of our users at one physical location getting this error (~ 10 users) and 0% of users at all other locations getting this error (~ 500 users).

We have tried QlikTech support's recommended fix and it did not work. We did a clean uninstall/reinstall (removing reg keys and orphaned files/directories) and that did not work. We also rebuilt the user’s profile and that did not work. We can have the users switch laptops and that seems to work. Obviously, we want the fix the users current workstation and not reimage.

Let me know what you find. We are still investigating. Next we are going to reinstall .NET framework and investigate Group Policy settings specific to that location.

IVAN-FELIPE
Employee
Employee

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Recently I’ve reported this issue to support and I’ve received a notification that it’s been declared as a bug from the deployment QlikView department.

The Bug code is 56239 .

Best

Not applicable

Hi,

Curious if you noticed any differences between using the IE Plugin and the Ajax Client. We are currently running QV11 SR1 and looking at SR2 in test. Within SR1, we have an existing issue where we have a group of users in a specific location that continue to see issues where they would disconnect randomly. We looked at Network settings, Group Policies, etc. We were able to narrow it down to something having to be workstation specific in that office as the same users do not have issues when RDPing into other workstations in other offices. I have not seen the specific error message that you are describing here, but I am wondering whether the issues are related and this is how it manifests itself in SR2.

Our workaround, if you want to call it that, has been to have our users in that office go through a different browser that forces them to use the Ajax client. The disconnect issue still exists, but the recovery is much smoother and bookmarks, etc.. are not lost.

rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the update ife! I'll contact QlikTech support.

rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I noticed a disconnet issue when I upgraded to 11SR2. Here's the thread:

http://community.qlik.com/message/296126#296126

rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We have done everything imaginable to my poor test user and her machine to attempt to resolve this issue. I recently gave her a new laptop (with fresh image) and she has not been able to reproduce the issue in 2 weeks. We are going to resolve the issue by reimaging the machines of the 5+ affected users. I didn’t want to do this, since I’ll never know the root cause, but I tried everything short of a reimage.

Result – our issue was machine specific and only affected a handful of our total user base.

Root cause: Unknown