Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Re: Is Native XML SQL server 2005 must for installation of QV server

Hi all,

I have been asked to install qlikview server in client system for a POC.

I have the following queries:

• Does Qv publisher comes as a part of the server installation or do we have to install separate qlikview Publisher.
  • Following up the system requirement docs ,my system has the following spec:

IIS 6.

As per the Qlikview system requirement they have mentioned the mandatory installation of .net framework 4.0 and Native XML sql server 2005.

Is having a SQL server mandatory for the installation of QV server?

Can oracle be used instead of SQL server.?

Kindly help!

4 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Smruti,

Answer to your first Question is, Yes. The QlikView Server installation also installs the publisher, but publisher will be active only when you use the proper publisher license.

Answer to second question is - No you dont need to have XML Sql Server 2005 for QlikView server installation, but yes it is required as a repository database when you want to use the publisher.

Have a look at the attached document.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kaushik,

I will be using the publisher too.

So ,as per the document Native XML sql server 2005 is mentuoned under Publisher.

Do i need to install this SQL server ,or will it be installed as a part of the server/publisher installation.?

Thanks in Advance!

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

No this will not be installed with QlikView installation, you will need to install it seperately.

There will not be any issue with the installation even if you dont have the Native XML, but is required to use the publishers in proper way.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Kaushik.