Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lblancher
Partner - Contributor III

Reading .meta file into Qlikview

Hello,

I am currently managing a large number of users using the QEMC via Document Authorization. Is there a way to read the .meta file into Qlikview so i can view the user list that is stored inside?

I am currently using Qlikview 9.0 SR6 in DMS mode.

If I am unable to read the .meta file directly into Qlikview, does anyone know what format the file is stored in?

Lucas Blancher

BizXcel Inc.

16 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Get the original authorization data from QVPR XML files, or the QVPR database .

-Alex

www.snowflakejoins.com

Not applicable

You might want to look also at zipped QVPR files. For example QVW file might be in valid use even if someone deleted the task in QEMC .

-Alex

www.snowflakejoins.com

lblancher
Author

HI Alex,

It appears that the QVPR files are related to publishers configuration. Our QVS server is not running publisher at the moment, all users are configured manually via Documents >> User Documents >> {Document Name} >> Authorization.

Lucas

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You should be able to query the assigned authorizations through the server API, you would have to write a vbscript or similar code to do that.

I don't believe you can read .meta files as they are binary files.

Not applicable

Publisher stored "recipients" for the purpose of distribuion tasks

-Alex

Not applicable

You can't read the meta files. But you can read the QVS logs, and make a list of all accounts who successfully opened each file in the last 6 months .

This is not complete , but a good approximation of the security of active users.

-Alex

Not applicable

Hi

I manage to read the META-files.

I am lucky that all userid starts with letter Q.

Here is how I done it.

LOAD
'Finance_Reporting' as Document,
@1 as User

FROM

(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is spaces, msq, filters(
Transpose()
))
Where left(@1,1) = 'Q';

Regards

Anders

Not applicable

Cool 🙂

You assume there is nothing more in that file, except usernames starting with Q . There is also the name of the category where the QVW file belongs to. You need to handle those as well.

-Alex

Not applicable

Hi

I made a inline table with document and Category to handle that.

Regards

Anders