Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reapply macros after a QVW publishes

Any ideas on how to reapply a macro after server republishes a QVW?  I tried using the "OnPostReload" Document Event Trigger but it is not working?  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Publisher does not run macros; do some searching on the forum and you'll find a lot regarding this.  You can get around this by bypassing publisher for the reload and using the desktop client (qv.exe process with /r parameter) and either scheduling this with Task Manager (or some other job scheduler) or, if you're using Publisher Enterprise, you can call an external command to accomplish (so Publisher is still in control of the job, it's just not doing the reload.) 

Be cautions; I see a lot of comments regarding intermittent functionality with OnPostReload.  I myself haven't had any problems thus far..

View solution in original post

1 Reply
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Publisher does not run macros; do some searching on the forum and you'll find a lot regarding this.  You can get around this by bypassing publisher for the reload and using the desktop client (qv.exe process with /r parameter) and either scheduling this with Task Manager (or some other job scheduler) or, if you're using Publisher Enterprise, you can call an external command to accomplish (so Publisher is still in control of the job, it's just not doing the reload.) 

Be cautions; I see a lot of comments regarding intermittent functionality with OnPostReload.  I myself haven't had any problems thus far..