Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Recovering Doc CAL's from a Document where .shared file got corrupted

Hi,

I want to recover all my Doc CAL's from a document which has it's shared file corrupted. How do I know that the shared file is corrupted? I tried to add users to the Document, so went inside QMC, I clicked on the Document, it says processing , and then nothing happens, the right hand of the page where I am supposed to see " Authorization " etc goes blank. Stalls other Documents as well. I refresh the page and now other Documents opens fine except this. Restarting services didn't work. Now, I got this pdf which talks about recovering Doc CAL's for deleted QVW's. My QVW is not deleted. So, if I remove this QVW along with .shared and .meta files, and again add the same QVW with the same name in the same mount point, would it show me the Doc CAL's along with it's assignment to the users?

Appreciate your experience sharing,

Thanks,

Tutan

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tutan,

If you are adding one new file with the same name then you have to assign cals again as it is a new file.

- Yojas

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

What about the Doc CAL's? Will they be tagged with the same document? I mean will it show that " x" number of Doc CAL's are assigned to this document , which I can then make "0" and make all the Doc CAL's assigned to that Document as free.

Thanks,

Tutan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tutan,

In QMC Go to System tab --> Licenses -->Server --> Assigned Cals --> Here you will get list of assigned

DOC Cals.

Here you can add or remove Cals assigned!!

Hope it is understandable!!

- Yojas

Not applicable
Author

Hello Yogas,

If I am not mistaken, what you are saying as Assigned CAL's, they are Named User CAL's. Doc Cal's can only be assigned/removed from a particular QVW, which is a qlikview document.

Tutan

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Have you tried renaming the .share file and see what happens?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tutan,

I guess you are getting confused between Doc Cal and Named Cal.

The path which I have given gives you the list of Named Cal Users. And if you want to add or remove Doc Cals then click on Documents --> User Documents --> Document Cals

Here you can add or remove your Doc Cals.

Remember you ca restrict your Named Cals using Section Access.

I hope I am not making any confusion for you..

Please ask if it is not understandable.

Regards,

yojas