Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Redirect user to referring page after logout

Our QlikView access point will be called from a page of another application. When the user logs out (clicks the "sign out" link) we need to return the user to the page that originally called the access point.

E.g.,

1. User is on page X.

2. User clicks link to get to the access point.

3. User is redirected to the access point and logged in (method not important here).

4. User views one or more dashboards.

5. User clicks the "Sign Off" link at top left.

6. User is logged out of QlikView (already happens now).

7. User is redirected back to page X.

We need to make step 7 happen. Is there a good sample or explanation of how to do this?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Wow, this is some heavy stuff. It boils down to the resident web server (QVWS, IIS, ...?) remembering the referring page from step 2 for you and letting your browser redirect you back to that page during step 7... It's a pity that you only have a session logged when you open a QlikView document, which is not the same as simply paying a visit to the Access Point.

Also keep in mind that if you plan to use AD authentication and SSO, there isn't really a login-logout process. The server will simply recognize you as an authenticated user with sufficient rights on every request for a page/image/css/etc that you make. Moreover, pressing Back twice after clicking the Close document link (top right) will also bring you back to the referring page. Hmm...

May require you to rewrite some of the code of the Access Point page.

Not applicable
Author

Peter,

Thanks. I realize that I should have provided a little more detail. We are using QVWS. The user is credentialed via header authentication and I know that QV is setting an authentication cookie even if a document isn't opened. Due to other aspects of the infrastructure, we need to physically log out the user when they are done, hence the sign off button.

I don't see any readily available process that QlikView gives me to specify a target URL after logout. I know that there is an option for a custom page, but I can't find any good info on that to see if it is what I need.

I'm hoping if I do indeed need to write my own login and logout process, that QlikView gives me a fairly seamless way to do this. Any idea where I can find out to more info?

Thanks.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There was a setting for this in version 10, but they have removed it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Does anyone know if there is a prescribed process for modifying the login/logout, or do I just change the code of the shipped files?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

There is a prescribed process. If you decide to change the code of the default files make sure you have a backup copy. Support may require you to put the original back if you have issues.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Backing up is an obvious step. I was asking if QV had a method to do this without modifying their code. Some way to specify an alternate logout or a way to call my custom code. I don't like the idea of modifying the vendor's files. It's not a solution that supports upgrades.