Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reduced Applications with Same Name

Hello,

While an application is reduced in many applications are accessible by various set of people. While reduced, they got different names, Now I want them to appear as same application in the access point(because they all are accessing same dashboard with different set of data). Is there something like setting(in the server/publisher) description that appears in the access point to the applications?

Thank you.

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Anybody has any idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit,

Go to QMC – Documents – Source Documents – Select QVW – Reduce tab:

Reduced Document Name – Save the reduce document with the following Name text box

When you reduce a document based on a field,the document will be reduced based on distinct values in the field and append document with all these distinct values and display in 'Save the reduce document with the following Name:' text box:

- %SourceDocumentName%_%DocumentField.FieldName%

You can rename the document as per requirement.

Regards

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Neetha,

My issue is a bit different. I had to save the reduced applications in different names in a folder and then the users are getting access to them. Now the differently named applications are desired to appear as a single one(appearance name at the access point have to be same). Hope that makes sense.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It may be not possible, unless you rename them manually(if you rename them with same name in same folder - it will be renamed as ex:- sales(1).qvw) or you can move them to separate folders and rename them manually,

you will have maintenance issues.

Next thing,the user will be confused if all documents have same name.

Regards

Neetha

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amit,

In the reduce tab, just make sure the reduced document name is the same as source (if all the reduced are coming form the same source application). Otherwise simply set the name to whatever name you want in there and make it the same across them all.
Reduce name.png

hope that helps

Joe

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can you publish to a different directory per user, while keeping the filename?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

That is the only feasible option seemed to me; unfortunately I want to avoid.

Not applicable
Author

I have to save all of them in a single folder, hence can't have same name physically. I was actually looking for - if there is a way of changing the appearance name in the front-end. Now, I guess, that I was not missing anything, probably there is no such way. Anyway thank you all.

Not applicable
Author

Ah I wasn't aware you required them all in the same folder, yes your only option is different folders to set the permission then, or look to use a single application setup with section access instead just as tresesco said