Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james
Creator III
Creator III

Reduced Document Name saving as today-1?

All, is there a way in 9.0 to save the reduced document name to today -1?

You can use %dd%, which gives you the 15th, however the data is one day old and I was tryng to create it to say the 14th, using %dd-1%, but no luck..

Any ideas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I dug around a little more on this. I think that %ScriptParameter% does not mean a variable in the script in the sense that we mean, but is instead tied to the Parameter Name / Parameter Value on the reload tab and is used like a Repeat task in 8.5. So scratch that.

Unless there is some hidden way to insert formulas directly in the naming convention (and I don't think there is), you might need to create a separate field instead of a variable. This field would have a value of day(today()-1) for each instance of the field on which you are reducing. Then the naming convention could use %DocumentField,fieldname%. It's a little annoying to have to do it like this, but I don't know of any other way.

Good luck,

View solution in original post

10 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I don't think it's possible through %dd%. Create a variable in your script that contains day - 1 and then use Script Variable Value.

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Vlad, i have a varaible for prior day, but are you sure you can use variable in the naming section?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I haven't done it, but I'm pretty confident that you can. I'd suggest trying it.

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It doesnt take the variable, any ideas

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Hmmm, if I click on the Script Variable Value field, it puts in %ScriptParameter%. So I'm guessing you need the percents around the variable, just like you do around other non-literal stuff. So probably %vMaxDate%? Can't seem to make it work for me with a variable. Do I need to click the Open Document button first? Well, that makes Document Fields available, but the Script Variable Value still seems to do nothing. Tried distributing it to myself anyway, and all it did was add my variable NAME at the end, not the variable value.

Man, QlikView, don't MAKE me read the reference manual. Hmmm, it would probably help if I wasn't reading the version 8.5 reference manual. Oh, dear. Where did they stash the 9.0 publisher reference manual? Can't find it in our local documentation area. Can't find it for download from QlikView.

Ah, well. So, uh... should be easy but apparently isn't? Sorry about being no help!

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

%ScriptParameter,variablename% should work. E.g. %ScriptParameter,vMaxDate%

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Still no luck, %ScriptParamter, vMaxDate% returns a "blank"; Thus once you run the PDF generator, it fails ans states cannot find vMaxDate, even thought vMaxDate is a variable created during the script execution....

Thanks to all for your input

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

I'm stumped. The syntax should be correct but I'm getting the same behavior when I test it on my machine. It would be nice if Qliktech included this in the manual instead of forcing us to do it by trial-and-error...Anyway, sorry I couldn't be of more help. If you figure this out, can you please post the proper syntax here?

Thanks,

james
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Indeed, I cannot find any directions on the PDF section at all...... Storm