Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reg : Publisher Settings Document

Dear All,

I need to learn more about Publisher,if anybody having the settings of publisher and functionality document, pls Share me

Regards,

Santhosh Kumar G

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Already tried to download the Server/Publisher manual from the download area?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Facing the same Problem here: There is NO Publisher manual!

I have onla a server/publisher manual for Version 9 but the manual is not really helpful.

Regards Adriane

Not applicable
Author

Hi Everyone I have a bit of a similar problem. I have an application already working and all setting were made by some expert from qlikview. I now have to create a new application and make it work. I have the application ready but I do not know how to publish it. I need some help. In fact a lot of help. I am try to help my self by reading the community previous issues but cannot find my way. I need the manual for the publisher. I do not know how to even start the publisher. Can some one help please. Many thanks Parmesiven
antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi jpkattan!

Here is a basic and short description. Hope you find it out.

· Log on to the QlikView Server (as the a QvAdmin person)

· Open the "Qlikview Mangement Consol" from the START

· Copy your new file to the "Production" folder where QlikView server load your files from. If you don't know which folder it is. Check the "Source document folders" in the tab "Publisher Settings"

· Now go the tab "Source Documents". Here are all the available files from the folder above listed. Your new file should now be visible. Mark your file and add new task by pushing the + sign in the right

· Follow the wizard step for Reload, Distribute, Document Info and Trigger Task.

o Reload => Behavior of your Reload

o Distribute => Set up how the application should been distributed. Users or Groups

o Document Info => Set up if the application should have any Category Name (show in AccessPoint)

o Trigger Task=> Add info when and how the application should be reloaded. Based on time or another event

· When a application have an added Task, you can see it in the tab "Status"

· Mark the application and Run the Task.

· Now QlikView Server is reload the application and then move it to you AccessPoint folder with right permission based on your information in the Distribute step above.

· If everything went ok it should be visible in the tab "User Document" (applications in AccessPoint)

· Open the AccessPoint and verify or check the file in the AccessPoint folder. If you don't know which folder it is. Check the setting in "Root Folder" in the tab "Qliview Server Settings"

This description is based on the "Qlikview Mangement Consol" After a while you probably note that it is alot easier to work with the "Qlikview Enterprise Mangement Consol" instead.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You might want to get with your account manager and look at thating the training classes for server and publisher.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders

Thanks a lot for your elaborate step by step method of dealing with my issue. However I can find the tab 'Publisher Settings' . It appears that the publisher is not at all installed on the server. Yet we are running an application. I am wondering that there may be another way of setting the application to be running without the publisher. Please correct me if I am wrong. It could be that IIS is set to publish the application. Is that at all possible or should we definitely have publisher installed.

Please note that I am an Admin on the server therefore not seeing publisher setting tab has nothing to do with priviledges.

Many thanks

Parmesiven

antose
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi again jpkattan!

The "light" description I was made for you was for the version 9 and 10. You didn't tell me your version number so I assumed you were running v9 or v10. If you are running 9 or 10 and don't see the tab "Publisher Setting" you probably not have the Publisher. This tab is "open" when a license is entered. Check the "QlikView Publisher License Information" in the License tab.

If you have v 9 or 10 and only have the Server license you gone administrate yours reload in the tab "User Documents" (not possible to setup distributions behavior, etc). Just mark one application and then Reload on the right side for setting up Reload schedule.

If your are running (8.0?) 8.2 or 8.5 you could administrate your reload in the "old" ControlPanel. http://localhost/controlpanel The "old" way to set up jobs, and reload was in my opinion not so logic and I don't think I could help you with tips without having an environment in front of me. Sorry!

If you have older version than 8. Maybe time for an upgrade 😉

Not applicable
Author

Hi Anders

I am using version 9.

It does not seem I have license for publisher.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Parmesiven

Not applicable
Author

hello,

Can I keep same name in document info for two different reports, so that i see them in the same category in access point?

Arif