Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding access of limited users

Currently we keep all qvds in a folder called 'C:\Qlikview\Live" in qlikview server. Everyone having windows access can see this. We now want to create another folder on Qlikview Server 'C:\Qlikview\New Folder' and it has one .qvw file. I want to give access of this file to limited users only . Can any one help me regarding this.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can set the access permissions in Qlikview and Windows level.

1. In order to provide access in Qlikview level implement the section access in the script

2. If you would like to provide it in Windows level, add only the users who can access the document in the security settings property of the folder.

Regards,
Haneesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Haneesh,

Thanks for your reply.I have providee Windows level security but when i am opening the document by the link it is not opening

Regards,

Samay.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Presently I have a folder like- C:/QlikView/Live, my all QVW files are inside this and all users can easily access it by hitting below path (I have used windows level security for 'Live' folder)-

<a href="http://10._._._/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=qlikview|Dashboard.qvw&client=Ajax">

Now i want to create another folder like- C:/Qlikview/Live_New , and want to put some QVW files in it for access (windows security is also applied to this folder).

I am using below path to access 'Live_New /.QVWs' but it is not accessible by the given path.

<a href="http://10._.14_.2_/QvAJAXZfc/AccessPoint.aspx?open=&id=qlikview|Live_New/Dashboard1.qvw&client=Ajax">

Please help me regarding this!

Not applicable
Author

Have you included the new folder and its contents into the publisher and published them in the access point? If not, try publishing the document and try to access the same.

-Haneesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Haneesh,

I dont know how to include new folder in pubilsher. i am new to qlikview server. can you help me in this.

Not applicable
Author

which version of QV publisher are u using?

-Haneesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry to tell i dont have qlikview publisher.

Not applicable
Author

I am not sure how the documents can be published to access point without publisher...do you know how the other documents are published? or do you use a custom web page and provide the document link over there?

-Haneesh