Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Regular failures in System Monitor

Hello

My company has a system monitor in place and it seems to fail quite regularly.  It has only started failing regularly in the last few weeks.  When it is ran manually it shows that the Task Execution History file is being accessed by another application.

I'm pretty sure our problem is that there is another Qlikview application that is running continuously and it only takes around 4-10 seconds on average to run.  My team think that the log file we are accessing is being updated at the time our System Monitor is being ran, therefore it is failing.

Has anyone else come across a similar problem in their time when using a System Monitor?

Thanks

Stuart

12 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

It could happen when you have huge logs to read from.

By the way did you try the latest version below.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4307

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Would there be any way of reducing the log files we read from?

I've saw that System Monitor before but the company I work with have had one developed in house.

Thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can find logs in below path

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log.

System  monitor is easy to configure even.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks I'll look into your suggestions

Not applicable
Author

I have the same issue that you are describing. There seems to (sometimes) be a conflict over the Task Execution History files here as well. We use an application for monitoring that we have developed ourselves, and it reads these files.

I am thinking that it somewhat must be bound to happen when reading these files regularly, as they are updated every time a task is reloaded.

Were you able to figure out anything else?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You may try by scheduling dependent tasks.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Tasks are already scheduled as dependent, but we are experiencing conflicts between various different applications, so it would not be very practical to try to schedule x number of applications.

Best reagrds

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi you can split task and place them in a order they required in a separate qvw file and schedule accordingly.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi you can split task and place them in a order they required in a separate qvw file and schedule accordingly.

Regards

ASHFAQ