Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Release document CAL

I have a situation where QVW applications on the server have been written over (replaced), deleted or otherwise moved out of production. The document cals that were allocated to these documents were not released before this took place. The server now shows that we do not have as many available document cals. If the files are gone, how do we release those document cals to make them available again? I tried a method I read about earlier where we stopped the services and deleted .pgo files but this did not seem to resolve the issue.

6 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Aaron,

PGOs exist in 2 locations: (1) your AccessPoint root folder and (2) C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qvs or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Qvs. Did you try deleting the PGOs from both the locations?

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are several types of pgo files. Do you know which I should delete for DocumentCALs? If I delete all, will it mess up my named cals or anything else involving the server?

CalData.pgo

IniData.pgo

BorrowedCal.pgo

ServerCounters.pgo

TicketData.pgo

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Aaron,

If you are dynamically assigning Named User CALS, you can probably delete all the PGOs safely. When you restart the services the PGOs will be recreated from the license file. However, if you've manually assigned your Named Users, I think you would need to reassign the CALs if you delete all the files. It should not mess anything else up.

Regards,

galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have QlikView Server 9 SR2 installed. Itried deleting all the pgo files, but the Named user CALs are the same. What version do you have?

Not applicable
Author

I heard that you can create false documents in your accesspoiint then you should see the CAL appearing back and you should be able to bury them.

But you'll need to remember the name of the documents...

Hope this help

Umesh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did  PGO file will re-created every timewhen we restart the services?