Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload Fails Due to RTO

Hello Everyone,

I am using QlikView 10 only server not the publisher. My reload starts @ 5:45 AM. The problem which I am facing is sometimes Network is not so gud, on regular interval it shows RTO i.e Request Time Out and the ping status which I get is like this

Ping Details 01-Dec-2012_2.bmp

My question After how many RTO qlikview will get disconnected. OR My network is poor and I am getting RTO than it will be connected to Database or not.

5 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I think it's more a time thing, there are usually some timeouts in ODBC/OLEDB connection strings you can probably mess around with. You should also configure retries on your reloads if you have a publisher license.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Daniel ,

Thanx for your reply , I don't have publisher license , i tried everything but issue is that DBA is saying that Table Timeout is Unlimited and from Qlikview side I have set 7 Hours so it should continue upto 7 Hrs but it is getting disconnected and errors which I am getting are like

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 12170, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12170: TNS:Connect timeout occurred ;

SQL##f - SqlState: 08S01, ErrorCode: 3113, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel ; Error: ODBC read failed

SQL##f - SqlState: 08S01, ErrorCode: 12571, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure ; Error: ODBC read failed

Error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 12547, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact ; General Script Error

Can you help me regarding these errors.

thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ankit Joshi

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Ankit, you should try changing the connection timeout in the QlikView ODBC Connection string. Another thing you can try is switching to OLEDB instead of ODBC.

Also make sure you Oracle client is updated to the same version than your database.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Daniel,

thanx for your response. I will these things.

Regrads,

Ankit Joshi

galrion82
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Ankit,

I'm having the same problem

QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: 08S01, ErrorCode: 3113, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Error: ODBC read failed

Did any of the suggestions above work for you ?

Regards,

Alecs