It sounds to me like it might be that the service account does not have access to the DSN or Database.
An easy way to troubleshoot is to open the document in developer, go to Settings > Document Properties and check the Generate Logfile option. Save and close. Now when the document is reloaded from QEMC a logfile will be generated in the same folder as the document with step by step logging of the script execution and will show any ODBC related error messages.
The historical information is not in the ODBC error and probably this is not the problem. My OS is Windows 2003 64 and installed Oracle 10g 64. I installed QVS9 64.
Below is a log of attempts to reload:
2/9/2009 18:31:03.1311450 Information Executing ClusterID=1, QDSID=e43c8341-9b2c-6564-6933-a21eb582eeaaQDSMain.ReloadTask 12/9/2009 18:31:03.1311450 Information Starting task "AtualizarIndicadores v1.qvw" (Attempt 1 of 1) 12/9/2009 18:31:03.1467656 Information Max run time: 06:00:00 12/9/2009 18:31:03.1780068 Information Opening "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents\\AtualizarIndicadores v1.qvw" 12/9/2009 18:31:03.1780068 Information Allocating QlikView Engine 12/9/2009 18:31:03.1780068 Information Allocating new QlikView Engine. Current usagecount=1 of 2 12/9/2009 18:31:03.1780068 Information An instance of the QlikView Engine is being created 12/9/2009 18:31:03.1780068 Information Starting QlikView Engine 12/9/2009 18:31:03.4747982 Information The QlikView Engine was started successfully. Version=9.00.7257.6, ProcessID=356 12/9/2009 18:31:03.4747982 Information Allocated QlikView Engine successfully. Current usagecount=1 of 2, Ticket=123 12/9/2009 18:31:03.4747982 Information Loading document "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents\\AtualizarIndicadores v1.qvw" (2.36 Mb) 12/9/2009 18:31:04.4745166 Information Loading. LoadTime=00:00:00.9997184 12/9/2009 18:31:05.4742350 Information Loading. LoadTime=00:00:01.9994368 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5210968 Information Physical FileSize=2.36 Mb. Memory Allocation Delta for this file=17.84 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Open=362.80 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Open=346.39 Mb. Total Physical Memory=1023.38 Mb. 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5367174 Information The document was loaded successfully. 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5523380 Information Initializing Checkout (0), Loading document (297), Initializing load (297), Checking read (297), Creating QlikView Engine (313), Checking Size (422), Load (422), Load Completed (938), Tables read (2313), Opened successfully (2359) 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5523380 Information Document was opened successfully 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5523380 Information Opened successfully (0) 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5523380 Information Starting reload 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5835792 Information QlikView->Settings->Document Peferences->Generate Logfile in document is not set. 12/9/2009 18:31:05.5835792 Information The Source Document is being reloaded. DocumentPath=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents\\AtualizarIndicadores v1.qvw 12/9/2009 18:31:05.7397852 Information The Source Document reload complete. DocumentPath=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents\\AtualizarIndicadores v1.qvw 12/9/2009 18:31:05.7554058 Information Memory Allocation Delta for this file=-9.50 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Reload=346.79 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Reload=355.73 Mb. Total Physical Memory=355.73 Mb. 12/9/2009 18:31:05.9584736 Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\Documents\\AtualizarIndicadores v1.qvw. 12/9/2009 18:31:05.9740942 Information Initializing Reload (0), Finished (406) 12/9/2009 18:31:05.9740942 Error Reload failed. 12/9/2009 18:31:06.0053354 Information Closing the document. 12/9/2009 18:31:06.1459208 Information Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=356 12/9/2009 18:31:06.1459208 Information Initializing (0), Finished (156) 12/9/2009 18:31:06.1615414 Error The task "AtualizarIndicadores v1.qvw" failed. ErrorCount=2
The manual reload (right on QV) works normally. The error only happens when I try to reload the QVS. I did some tests and made sure that the log you mentioned is not raised when the reload is done by QVS but only when it is done by QV Desktop.
The log should be generated even when reloading through QVS and is what I'm after since it should reveal what is failing in the script execution when reloading through QVS.
I'm suspecting that you run version 9.00.7119 where there was an issue with the local script log not being generated when reloading through QVS. I would suggest upgrading QVS to the latest SR2 release (9.00.7320) at which point the log file will be properly generated as well.