Qlik Community

QlikView Deployment

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView Deployment.

simone_spanio
Valued Contributor

Reload in Server

Hi, I'm a dev but I'm doing everything and in a pair of weeks I'll follow the training for Server.

We have a customer with QlikView Server Small Business Ed. 11 and I have some problems:

1. how can I set the data reload in Access Point? With previous customers I used a macro but for this I used a "trigger" too... it was in Documents-->Source Documents. Now, in this customer, I can't find Source Documents... maybe because there are not Publisher installed? How can I reload data with a button in the qvw without Publisher? Can I do this?
  2. If I try to open a qvw with Open In Server, I insert usr/psw and the document opens, but I can't modifiy the script (the button is disabled). What is wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help...

bye!

Simon

3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Reload in Server

Hi,

1. You don't have a Source Documents because you are not running Publisher. On the reloading from the access point, I don't think there is a easy way to do that.

2.  When you use the desktop client to do a open in server, this is a read only function. It is the same as using IE and the plug-in.

Bill

simone_spanio
Valued Contributor

Thank you, Bill.

> On the reloading from the access point, I don't think there is a easy way to do that.

And what is the not-easy-way to do that? :-)

Bye

Simon

Employee
Employee

Hi Simon,

I am sure you can do it through the API, but I am not a programmer. It isn't really a good idea to allow endusers to reload the documents from tha AccessPoint. You can have serveral users trying to reload it at the same time.

Bill

Community Browser