Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Reload option

Hi,

I have gone through the some of the post in the community as there is an option to preload the document in the memory using batch files so that it will be faster when user is accessing the file in the accesspoint. The post has given clearly the preload option just loads the unaggregated data not the UI and other aggregations. we need to create a batch script to do it.

It would be appreciated if somebody share the knowledge.

11 Replies
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Rob,

Gone through your blog it was really good.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Any suggestions how to do it in vbscript.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for the compliment but iqlik is not my blog. My blog is http://qlikviewnotes.blogspot.com/.

-Rob

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Is there any way i can do it in vb script

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think you can open the document from server using a QVP link. And then iterate through the sheets and objects to make sure everything becomes visible and is calculated. You could steal lots of the necessary code from DocumentAnalyzer at http://robwunderlich.com/downloads

-Rob

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Rob,

if my understanding is correct i will acess the url through the script and run through tabs to preload in to memory. So there will be session restriction as the loaded will be no longer when session is lost.Also license usage. How to address this issue.

Any suggestions.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

The session that runs the script will need a license. However, you can end the session and the document will remain as long as the the document timeout setting.

-Rob

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Rob,

I am able to use the script and open the file to put into memory. But while running the script the application is opened. Is there any way i can hide it .